On Friday November 15th, 2019 the NCCGA staff will host the 3rd annual Careers in Golf Networking event at NCCGA Nationals in Oklahoma. The event will take place from 2-5 PM at the WinStar Golf Club driving range at the WinStar World Casino & Resort. If you are a student looking for an internship or seeking part time, full time, or volunteer work in the golf industry, the NCCGA staff is dedicated to helping college-aged golfers succeed off the course.
Whether you are one of the 340+ students attending Nationals or just a part of the club golf community, the Careers in Golf Networking event welcomes you. Please send a one page resume as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in a digital resume book for each employer. Even if you're unable to attend the event in person, you can still send a resume to be included in the book.
The goal of the event is to educate students on careers in golf including full time positions in marketing, sales, finance, management, operations, teaching, and engineering. For those students who are freshman, sophomores and juniors, there are hundreds of golf internships available nationally.
Be sure to check out the Nextgengolf job board where we post lots of industry positions available for other golf companies. We are excited to be hosting this annual event in conjunction with NCCGA Nationals and bring together the top employers in golf with the top student golfer recruiting talent. If you are a college student not participating at Nationals and plan to join us at WinStar on Friday November, 15th, please make sure to RSVP to email@example.com by Friday November 8th.
- PGA of America
- Srixon / Cleveland Golf
- Golf Channel / GolfNow
- American Junior Golf Association (AJGA)
- International Association of Golf Administrators (IAGA)
- Billy Casper Golf
- United State Golf Association (USGA)
What to expect?
- Free food - Food and soft drinks will be provided
- Casual dress code - Golf attire. Don’t embarrass yourself and wear a suit and tie.
- Hiring managers on-site – If you want to really impress someone from a large golf organization, why not impress the hiring manager!
- Resume help and advice – For students not currently seeking internships or jobs, the Nextgengolf staff will be on site to help students personally with their resumes and answer any questions about working in the golf industry.
- Contests - Rapsodo will be running a contest at the driving range with their state of the art launch monitors. The NCCGA Student Advisory Group will also have putting and chipping contests set up with some great prizes for the winners.