The NCCGA's first Nationals trip to Oklahoma was a success, and after two days of great weather and some very competitive golf Clemson University and The University of Texas were able to capture titles. Individually, Virginia's Jacob Kuchta and Stanford's Jack Barber won medalist honors. Here's a full rundown of what happened at each tournament.
WinStar World Casino & Resort hosted the Championship on its Scissortail and Redbud golf courses. After day 1, Clemson and Georgia co-led with Michigan State and Florida right behind. Heading into the back 9 on Sunday, 5 teams had a chance to capture the title but Clemson held strong and turned in the best scores of the day to remain at the top and win their second straight National Championship!
12 players finished at Even or better for the tournament, the most ever in a Championship. Kuchta and Dennis Volostnykh from Michigan State were able to beat the field by 1, with Kuchta winning in a sudden death playoff on the 16th hole. An impromptu celebration broke out on the 16th green and Kuchta played the par-3 18th hole wearing his new Red Jacket.
The University of Texas was able to take control of the Invitational early and cruise to victory on Sunday, winning by 7 shots over Stanford and Cincinnati. Texas was lead by Austin Chung, who shot +4 for the tournament and came in 2nd place individually.
Stanford's Jack Barber shot 69 on Saturday and 74 Sunday, but it was enough to hold onto a 1 shot victory. Barber receives an automatic bid into the Spring 2020 National Championship for his performance.
- Srixon / Cleveland Golf: Big thanks to our National Partner for their support of the event. Srixon Tour representatives were on-site discussing the brand and club golf in general with the players. They also ran a short game contest on Friday night with the Cleveland RTX4 wedges. Players received a dozen Z-STAR golf balls to use during the tournament
- Rapsodo: Our newest partner ran a long drive contest during Friday's practice round and during registration. They were present all weekend and enjoyed sharing their new launch monitors with club golfers
- Haus of Grey: Provided uniforms for the staff as well as comfortable golf shirts and pullovers for some of the participating teams
- Imperial: Every player received an Imperial hat in their gift bag on Friday night, and many wore their hats during the tournament. Some teams could be seen wearing their custom Imperial hats as well like winners Clemson University
- Precision Pro: More and more club golfers are making the switch to the NX7 and NX7 Pro rangefinder, as the can't miss green pouch can be seen hanging from golfer's bags all over the course
- OUUL: Team's like Colorado State and Michigan State flashed their OUUL custom team bags and they were looking great! These bags are perfect for travel because of their minimal weight and skinny physique
- Under Armour Eyewear: The Nextgengolf staff was sporting their custom golf eyewear all weekend as were a handful of players at both the Championship and Invitational
To see all sponsor deals available to club golfers, click here.