The golf scene in the Greater Cincinnati Area can get a bit confusing at times, especially when it comes to club fitting. Not every public golf facility has club fitting, and some that do only offer one brand of clubs. I've compiled a list of the best 5 places to get golf club fittings in Cincinnati, with at least one location on each side of the city.
1. The Golf Exchange, Various Locations - A company on the rise in Cincinnati, the Golf Exchange started with one store in a basement in Kenwood and now have four state-of-the-art facilities all across town. These stores have the same offerings as a Golf Galaxy or Dick's Sporting Goods, but with a much more personal touch. Employees are attentive and helpful, and The Golf Exchange has been named a top 100 club fitter by Golf Digest! Fittings range from $50-$200, but are free when purchasing clubs in house.
2. World of Golf, Florence - Head pro Ralph Landrum and his staff are some of the most well-known teaching pros and club fitters in the tri-state area. World of Golf can't be missed, as it sits right off the highway southbound on I-71 and I-75. A club fitting here will only set you back $40, and the facility is state-of-the-art. If you purchase your clubs through World of Golf, the fitting is free!
3. Miles of Golf, Fairfield - A newer facility just north of the city, Miles of Golf specializes in club fitting. They have two different fitting options, Basixx (cheaper and for 85% of golfers) and Maxx (more expensive and for serious competitive players). Similar to The Golf Exchange, Miles of Golf is also recognized as a Golf Digest top 100 club fitter.
4. Etter's Golf Center, Evendale - This pro shop and practice facility is conveniently located and accessible from almost anywhere in the city. The great thing about Etter's is that it's open every day year round, so fittings are available on weekends and holidays. A 45 minute fitting here will cost you $50, which is credited towards clubs if you purchase through Etter's.
5. Conquest Custom Golf, Hamilton - A unique, small facility up in the Hamilton / Liberty Township area, Conquest Custom Golf is a one man show. Bill Weitzel is a master club fitter who has been working with golf clubs for almost 20 years. He is very meticulous about what he does, and admits that he turns away 20% of potential customers because their current set is already fitted properly. If you are looking for an incredible 1 on 1 experience with the most advanced fitting possible, visit Conquest Golf.
Want more ideas on how and where to get fitted for golf clubs? Check out our general article on where to get golf cub fittings.