We are excited that the NCCGA will be operating this semester across the country. We worked hard to secure venues for events and make this semester a great experience for club golfers and any college players. There will be some major changes to the way NCCGA operates this semester which are highlighted below.
It’s important that we provide a great experience for all players. In order to do so, we will be conducting a course-specific approach to the on-site experience taking into consideration all local and state regulations along with working with each course to determine best practices based on Back2Golf and CDC regulations for Covid-19. Prior to each tournament, our team will be communicating what to expect as it will be different from NCCGA tournaments in the past. We will be working with the PGA Professional to communicate cart procedures, range and practice area statuses, and any other COVID-19 specific rules such as no gatherings pre or post round.
Since NCCGA events are individual events this fall, each event will be conducted as a 1-day, 18 hole stroke play tournament. A more expansive look at NCCGA rules can be found through our Rules and Eligibility page.
- Events have been shortened to 1-day events to lessen travel requirements
- Events will have tee gifts including golf balls and granola bars if allowed by local, state, and course guidelines
- The NCCGA is welcoming all college students to participate including varsity golfers from all levels (NCAA D1,D2,D3, NAIA, NJCAA etc)
- To keep events affordable, there will be no team or individual dues for Fall 2020
- We will not be running NCCGA events this fall in some regions due to COVID restrictions
- You may participate in any region or in multiple regions (you do not have to play in the region your school plays in if you are taking classes remotely)
- You may sign up individually or still work with your NCCGA Zone Manager (team@NCCGA.org) if you would like to sign up all at once under one transaction
- The Medalist at all tournaments will receive a Nationals bid to Atlantic City in Spring 2021
- All events will feature digital gift cards to the top 3 finishers
- Due to domestic travel restrictions, we are postponing Nationals at Palmetto Dunes to 2021. Please check out Kiawah as a Nationals like trip you and your team can qualify for by playing in local City Tour qualifiers.
- Team credit from the spring 2020 season can be used for fall 2020 events
Team competition is at the core of what makes Nextgengolf special. We understand that this semester might be challenging not being able to compete in that normal fashion. We have shifted all team based competition to our City Tour and have added over 40 events that club golfers and college students can compete in. Check out the Tournament Schedule above for a full list of City Tour local qualifiers near you.
The NCCGA staff ask that you take the following precautions:
- Please avoid handshakes or physical contact of any kind
- Follow all state, local, and course guidelines
- Wash hands and use sanitizer frequently
- Refrain from touching your face, eyes, nose, lips or mouth
- Please monitor CDC and WHO guidelines for best practices
- Please do your best to act in a healthy and responsible manner
- Monitor your heath in advance of traveling to an event
- If you feel sick please stay home
- If you “test positive” for the COVID-19 virus at any point within 14 days of being at the golf course, please contact our staff immediately
If you have further questions, please email Connor Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-453-8732