When it comes to charitable giving, people want to make sure their money is being used in a positive way. Many charities are associated with golf but these 5 in particular really help out the golf community and impact people's lives. Here are the best golf charities you should consider donating to today!
1. TGR Foundation - If education and helping kids is important to you, then this charity run by Tiger Woods might be the best fit for your donation. This non-profit organization helps empower underprivileged students through education in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. They also help these students think in teams and independently as well as assisting with access to colleges.
2. Birdies for the Brave - A military based charity run by the PGA TOUR and its affiliates, Birdies for the Brave strives to give care and important services to those who have selflessly served their country. The charity supports military personnel, veterans, severely injured heroes, and military families. Phil Mickelson is the founder of the organization and events are conducted year-round at PGA TOUR and affiliated tour events.
3. Environmental Institute for Golf - If the long term survival of golf through sustainability is important to you, donate to the EIFG. They provide funding and other resources to support education, environmental programs, and research to help golf facilities become more sustainable and give golf a longer lifespan. They also make sure that golf courses manage their properties to support wildlife and the rest of the community around them.
4. United States Disabled Golf Association - The USDGA hosts golf events and helps rank competitive golfers with disabilities all across the country. The USDGA founder Jason Faircloth has cerebral palsy so has an incredibly personal connection with his organization, which works to give all those with disabilities the chance to enjoy the game of golf.
5. Fellowship of Christian Athletes Golf - If you'd rather donate to a religious organization that supports golf, the FCA is a great way to go. The FCA supports athletes and coaches by leading them into faith and helping them grow a relationship with the christian church. The values that they instill are integrity, service, teamwork, and excellence.
Know some other golf charities that you think should make this list? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'd be happy to discuss.